"I would definitely recommend Baltnet Claims to friends and family... they sorted it all out for me!"

G. Bakaityte

If you have an accident at work, we advice

It is the most important to report accidents to prevent recurrence.

This is also a legal requirement for employees to report all accidents and dangerous occurrences to their employer.

If you have an accident at work, you need to report it to your employers as soon as possible. You also need to make sure your employer records it in the Accident Book. If your Employer does not do this or if there is no such Book, you need to write down brief details of the accident and send it to your line manager, keeping a copy. Also, if for some reason, you cannot report the accident, you need to get someone else to do this for you.

If you've had an accident, you should see your GP even if you think that your injury does not look very serious. This is important for several reasons. Firstly your GP can record the medical details of your accident and injuries sustained. Secondly this will be useful later on if you decide to claim compensation from your company or if you need to claim benefits. We would also recommend registering the accident as an industrial injury with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). This will help you with any future industrial injuries benefit claims if you develop a disability or health problem later on because of the accident.

It is very important for you to know that you should not be afraid of filing a work accident compensation claim against an employer if you have suffered an injury at work.

More information about health and safety law is set in HSE publications.

Some of those publications and leaflets can be downloaded from the HSE website  www.hse.go.uk